BIADA full form is Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority (BIADA), it is a statutory body constituted under the Bihar Industrial Area Development Act, 1974. Its vision is to develop world-class industrial areas in Bihar and attract investments from both domestic and global investors. BIADA was established with the objective of planned development of industrial areas in the state of Bihar. The authority undertakes various activities for the development of industries in the state. These include providing infrastructure facilities, such as water, power, roads, sewage, and drainage; developing new industrial areas; and relocating existing industries from congested areas to developed areas. BIADA also provides incentives to industries located in its industrial areas.
The Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority (BIADA) is a statutory body constituted under the Bihar Industrial Area Development Act, of 1974. Its objective is to promote and develop industrial areas in the state of Bihar.
The BIADA was initially set up as an autonomous body under the Department of Industries, Government of Bihar. However, in 2006, it was granted the status of a Statutory Body by an amendment to the Bihar Industrial Area Development Act, 1974.
The BIADA is responsible for the formulation and implementation of policies and plans for the development of industrial areas in Bihar. It also provides financial assistance to industries for setting up their units in these areas. In addition, the BIADA also plays a key role in providing infrastructure facilities such as water supply, power, roads, etc. to industries located in its industrial areas.
BIADA was established in the year 1971 under the Bihar Industrial Area Development Act, of 1974. The main objective of setting up this authority is to promote and develop industrial areas in the state of Bihar. The Authority is responsible for the planning, development, and management of all government-owned industrial estates/areas in Bihar.
The objectives of the BIADA, Bihar are as follows:
i) To identify sites and develop infrastructure facilities for industries in Bihar;
ii) To promote and provide assistance for the establishment and growth of industries in developed areas;
iii) To act as a facilitator for private developers in developing industrial areas in Bihar;
iv) To market developed industrial plots/sheds/ factories in Bihar;
v) To prepare perspective plans for industrial development in Bihar.
Some of the key functions of BIADA include:
1. Identifying and developing industrial areas in Bihar.
2. Providing water, power, and other infrastructure facilities to industries located in its developed industrial areas.
3. Undertaking feasibility studies for new industrial projects.
4. Promoting investment in the state through investment promotion activities and events such as investor meets workshops, etc.
Bihar is an agrarian state with about 75% of its population dependent on agriculture. However, the state has been lagging behind in terms of industrialization.
The different types of industries that are promoted by BIADA are:
1. Agro-based industries: These include industries that use agricultural products as raw materials. Examples of such industries are sugar mills, vegetable oil mills, and dairies.
2. Mineral-based industries: These include industries that make use of minerals found in Bihar. Examples of such industries are cement plants and thermal power stations.
3. Textile-based industries: These include both spinning and weaving units as well as garment manufacturing units. Bihar has a rich tradition of handloom weaving and there is a growing market for garments made from Bihar’s traditional fabrics such as khadi and gamcha.
4. Engineering-based industries: These include factories manufacturing machinery, equipment, and parts for other industries as well as for infrastructure development projects.
The Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority (BIADA) was constituted under the Bihar Industrial Area Development Act, of 1974. The BIADA is the nodal agency for the planned development of industrial areas in the State of Bihar.
There are 74 Industrial Areas (IA) / Industrial Estates (IE) / Large Industrial Estates (LIE) / Growth Centres (GC) / Mega Industrial Parks (MIP) in Bihar under the aegis of 9 Cluster Offices spread over 31 Districts.
The first industrial estate developed by BIADA was at Patliputra in the year 1972. This authority has played a vital role in the development of industries in Bihar and has contributed significantly to the economic growth of the state. Over the years, BIADA has developed various industrial estates and zones across Bihar which have helped in attracting investment and promoting industrialization in the state.
Here is the list of a few Industrial areas in Bihar:
BIADA is developing world-class industrial areas in Bihar with state-of-the-art infrastructure and amenities. These industrial areas will have dedicated water and power supply, good roads, and other basic infrastructure. The land/plots in BIADA industrial areas will be available for sale to industries at competitive rates.
The plot sizes will vary from 500 sqm to 5000 sqm and the prices will depend on the location and size of the plot. Interested buyers can contact BIADA for more details.